If you are looking to choose the right domain name for your business or brand, then this article will guide you on the pros and cons to look out for before choosing one.
As a new business or if you have never had a website before you must have been asking how do i choose the right domain name or what domain name should i choose for your business, either a?
In this article we are going to be looking at:
- Why choose a specific domain vs SEO
- Understanding how Google thinks of your domain and your entire website
- Choosing a keyword vs branded domain name
- How to get a domain name
Why choose a specific domain vs SEO
Your domain name is the address of your website, this is how people find you online, it also tells Google or whatever search engine the specific address of your website.
When anyone needs to find your website online through a google search, your domain name is where google sends them to when they try to find you online.
Understanding How Google Thinks Of Your Domain And Your Entire Website
Domain name and SEO
Your domain name is WHERE you are, while your website is WHO you are.
If your website doesn’t have a proper SEO done, this simply means when people or visitors generally search for your business, that is: WHO you are online, using specific keywords such as “Best caterer in Lagos” or ”Top caterer near me” related to what you do or what your brand is about and your domain name or website doesn’t pop up, this simply means Google doesn’t have enough information to help show your website as a credible or worthy business or brand to your visitors.
So irrespective of your website domain name, google cant showcase what you do to those who are searching, the first thing to do is to get a domain name for your brand online.
Choosing A Keyword Vs Branded Domain Name
Keyword-based Domain Hack for SEO
A shortcut to hacking the Google SEO is to use a keyword-based domain
For example: if you are new and you use a keyword-based domain name such as “Naijacaterer.com” or “Lagoscaterer.com” because this is a keyword-based domain name, Google will begin to rank your website top for all searches related to the top caterer in Lagos or Naija or even Nigeria.
This is simply you telling google that WHERE you are is also WHO you are
The benefits of using keyword-based domain names are:
- It gives your brand a quick SEO boost
- Instant ranking
- Your competition can’t use this domain and by so doing you get an edge above your competition
- Consumers see you as a bigger brand within your locality, as they feel a Top Lagos brand is definitely is a big brand
Cons of using keyword-based domain
- It could be a longer name for a brand, for example, a brand with the domain name “Topcatererinlagos.com” or “Bestrealestateinnigeria.com” these are quite long for visitors to remember and also affects your overall brand. Also, this could lead to longer email addresses for your email: “[email protected]” or “[email protected]”
- It also keeps your offers restricted, in the nearest future you might want to expand your product offering, but your domain name is focused on one product or service you offer hence, you won’t be able to rank for additional products you might want to offer with the same domain name.
It’s good to also mention that using the keyword-based domain sometimes as an SEO hack makes a lot of businesses focus less on website SEO, however, website SEO is more important than keyword-based domain.
When a brand works on their SEO by ranking for keywords in your domain, they would eventually rank higher than you, so a little heads up for you: never focus only on keyword-based SEO if you are considering using one.
How To Get A Domain Name For Your Business or Brand
Remember it all starts with your website, if you are a business owner looking to buy a domain name Blue host is one of the best domain name providers with feature-rich hosting services and excellent customer service to guide and support you.
You can grab a 50% discount on your website domain name by clicking the link below to purchase any website domain.
Finding a good web designer/web design agency shouldn’t be difficult…here are great tips on how to find a good web designer/web design agency in Lagos.
There are many agencies and freelancers that specialize in web services in Lagos. However, there are certain traits that make up a good web designer and a good web design agency. These traits differentiate them from the average designers, who are quick to take cash without an understanding of your project. Listed below are some traits I have noted across a few web experts while engaging their services this traits will also help you to find a good web designer/web design agency in Lagos:
1. Listening skills: – An important traits of good web designers which distinguishes them, is the ability to listen to clients needs. Designing a project is good but making sure it meets the business goal, and making valuable input is important.
2. Communication skills: – A good web designer/web agency must always communicate effectively with their team regarding a particular project or task. They should be able to express your objective clearly to other members on their team where necessary.
4. Flexibility: – Good web designers should have the ability to integrate with a client’s existing project, aligning them with new objectives. A flexible designer with quality integration skill is often regarded as well experienced.
The above listed traits can serve as a guideline while seeking a good web designer/web design agency in Lagos.
11 THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER WHEN SEEKING A GOOD WEB DESIGNER/AGENCY
In our world, today where we have lots of web designers, finding a good one may seem stressful, but it’s worth the stress if you are able to get a good one or even the best web designer.
For a functional website, it’s advisable you find a web designer that can align your website to your business goals.
Here are 11 extra tips to help you find a good web designer/web design agency in Lagos.
1. Budget: – The first thing is to set up a budget for the kind of website you want. This help to know what kind of web designer or agency to consider while seeking for a good one. The size of your budget will help you determine what level of website you can afford and where you can locate one that fits right in.
2. Picking the right team: – The web design industry is saturated and the rate of competition is high. So as a business owner seek for a good web designer or agency that fits your project. I advise you to look for an agency that specializes in full web design service which includes; SEO, PPC Ad, email marketing, etc. if your design will cut across digital marketing as well. Selecting a full web design service agency is the best, however, they are most times more expensive compared to those who offer just web design services alone.
3. Portfolio/Collection: – When looking for a good web designer or agency, look at their portfolio aswell, be sure this aligns with your website objective. Even if previous portfolios are not similar to yours, looking at their portfolio will help you make the right choice.
4. Reviews: – Check out reviews from clients, by doing this it gives you an insight into what kind of services are rendered by the agency or the web designer. This helps in your decision-making. A web design agency with good reviews, shows they are a good web design agency to work with.
5. Cost: – After you set up your budget it’s advisable you look out for their price to know if it’s within the range of your budget. Obviously, you would want to go for a web designer or agency you can afford, as much as you would love to work with one that understand your project requirement, make sure its also within the right cost for you.
Take note! There are no fixed price for a website, it all depends on what you need for your site, this determines how high or low the cost will be.
You can contact a web design agency or company to get their price based on your request.
6. Fix a schedule for your design process: – If you are not familiar with the web design creation process or you are not into the world of tech, ask questions about the process by having an interview with a web designer or agency. A good web designer or agency should take their time to explain in detail all about the process before coming up with a website that suits your business model.
7. Request for Reference: – You can ask for a reference within the agency, they will relate directly and give you an idea on the kind of design you want done, and also give you an insight on the web designer you plan to work with.
8. Search for Multiple Web Designers: – During your search do not feel pressured to rely on only one type of web designer or agency. Explore others then pick the one that best suits your project based on your budget and quality of service.
9. Website requirements: – Create a list of the requirements you want in your website, such as; the number of landing pages, support for blog, contact information, social media integration, live chat, etc.
10. Website Speed: – The faster the speed of your website the more visitors you get, which in turn determines the number of conversions from page visits. Therefore when exploring for web designers make sure your website loads as fast as possible.
11. Responsive Web Design: – This means your website should display properly on desktop layouts, mobile phones, and tablets, it shouldn’t be restricted to only laptops or desktops alone. Your website should be readable and responsive when operated across all screen sizes.
In conclusion, investing in a good website would help deliver on your marketing goals. It is important you find a good web designer or agency that understands your business objectives and goals.
To attract the right visitors to your webpage and keep them engaged, then you must be willing to invest in the right tools and web design agency.
At “IMAGINE TECH LIMITED” Africa’s leading digital agency, with experienced web and SEO professionals, we help businesses improve their marketing campaigns.
Our team of professional web developers have helped businesses create websites with responsive layout at budget-friendly rates and also align them with a blueprint for meeting their business goals through their websites.
Ready to start your next web project, schedule a free live consultation with our web expert today.
“Your website is the lens through which your community perceives your value”
HOW TO SET/DEFINE CLEAR WEBSITE GOALS
As an entrepreneur you provide value through the experience you create online.
Having a fancy website is good however, providing a medium through which visitors can interact with your brand online is key while defining your website goals. Each customer’s reaction is solely based on how you present yourself online.
Your website’s singular goal is to increase the perception and value decisions of your customers while searching online.
You might have the best service within your community, but as modern consumer trends changes, your visitors may not experience this value while searching for your business online.
You have to deliver the right value that synchronizes with your online presence.
Most businesses are great in physical value but Google may not know this. Google only presents whoever is able to reflect the best value online, that’s why clearly understanding how to define your website goals are very important
So for new visitors searching online irrespective of your great values as a business, without a well-defined website goal, you keep losing quality leads to those who might not necessarily offer 10% of your value.
Use niche-based keywords
Protect your community when they go online searching for terms like “Best caterer near me ” or ” Top makeup artist near me” or ” Top ten graphics designers” your website should rank for the right keywords which then showcase you as a quality brand or business to patronize.
So as much as you invest in your physical equipment think of your website as well as digital equipment and should always remain flawless.
Right now most of your audience are actively searching for your service online and are interacting with various websites, googling about various businesses even before interacting with your service physically.
Most visitors are actively researching online we call this ( Google traffic) using various keywords, try using your business keywords and study your competition.
If you are into the catering business, try searching ‘best caterers near me ” or “Top restaurants”. Look at who’s ranking and compare it with yours based on the Google reviews on their website visitors will make decisions to visit them whether their food is good or not.
What experience do people have when searching for your business?
The goal of your website is to create the best possible experience when people are searching for your brand/business online, and your website is the tool to help you create the best experience online when they are searching.
Your website is not trying to convince or sell them what you do or why they need your services. Note, that your audience are already searching so your website is only to convince them that you are the best service provider to choose.
3 ways to stand out online with your website
1. Convert existing traffic into leads through a new website:
A new website with the right message, call to action, and the right technical experience, such as how fast your website loads makes it easier for users to navigate your website.
2. Convert your organic traffic:
Improving your keyword rank, if we have a keyword that generates lots of traffic we can make it better and as well rank for other keywords as well until we rank the best for all keywords relevant to our niche and by so improve our overall traffic. The number of clicks you get is based on your rank on the Google platform and how many people are searching with your keywords.
3. Observe the data and make the right changes.
Changes could be based on a new service or technology trend or a change in conversion, all these are data that could influence your traffic, hence we track and improve based on these changes.
If you would like to improve your website leads for the right goal in your business then remember it all begins with your website getting a steady flow of website visits and monthly lead generation.
Make sure your audience always perceives your business through your website as the most qualified.
Need a website that aligns with your business goals while generating a steady stream of qualified leads?
Click on learn more to get started.
Remember it all starts with your website.
Understanding landing pages vs websites and highly converting traffic are important to every business.
Before you can decide on what to change on your website for qualified leads, traffic, and high conversion rate we need to understand the fundamentals, Landing pages vs websites.
Is to first understand why some clicks convert and some don’t. To really understand this, we need to first understand the difference between inbound and outbound traffic.
Lead generation is not solely about driving traffic to your website. Yes! leads are important however, what gives the necessary clicks is the right alignment between web traffic and your message.
A good number of businesses online generate traffic but get no conversion from their Landing pages or websites.
A good thing to note is the type of traffic and where the traffic is coming from.
Inbound vs outbound traffic.
Inbound traffic are traffic from platforms like Google search, these types are generated when a consumer is actively searching for your service online through search, simply because they have a need and are aware of that need and are actively seeking the right service or solutions.
Outbound traffic are customers who are not searching for your service, we seek such consumers by going out to search for these consumers either through putting ads outside and people are invited to a specific page to take certain action through platforms like Facebook, ads, billboards, and mails.
So inbound traffic are from people actively searching for your service and linking to your website.
Outbound traffic are traffic responding to an ad directed to your landing pages or squeeze pages.
With inbound traffic the visitor’s lookout for your reputation online, reviews, and your overall brand. While outbound traffic are sold on your promotion. Leads from outbound traffic seek a different message different from inbound traffic, this messaging should be based on the logical sales journey whether inbound or outbound.
Visitors from inbound traffic seek to understand a different message, they ask questions about why they should consider your overall brand for their needs; with outbound traffic they seek to know why they should consider your offer or promoted service.
The purpose of your website is to appear in searches and show good reviews. Your website should seek actively to rank as No.1 within your niche.
Google AdWords is a good way to supplement inbound traffic.
“Not all leads are the same”.
Understanding FB/GOOGLE ADS for lead generation.
A systematic way to improve your marketing campaign is through inbound marketing strategies such as a well-optimized website, SEO, and referrals.
For outbound traffic/leads a well-optimized landing page with an outbound lead generation strategy is the way to go.
Always understand your website is designed to get you inbound leads, making sure messages align with your traffic channel.
With outbound leads your strategy is different and in this case, your landing page must align with your ad copy.
Who is suggesting you don’t need a website is simply saying your outbound lead strategy is good enough for your business growth.
The issue with this strategy is you don’t have control over these platforms like FB ads. You can lose your lead generation channels and can change and affect your overall growth.
In summary, all quadrants of your lead generation strategy. ( Inbound and outbound) are important.
3 Steps to an effective online marketing campaign
- Define your leads and messaging accordingly.
- Gear towards an incremental measurable growth.
- Set a goal for your growth and use the appropriate overall to hit this goal for your business.
Looking to improve your sales online, with dedicated landing pages for your business or online store.
3 key factors are necessary
- A well-optimized landing page
- A great copy that converts
- A consistent flow of traffic from a hungry audience
Get started today by clicking on the link below to get your highly converting landing page set up for you.